Buying into a Martin Keighley Racing Partnership
“Making ownership easy” by joining a ready-to-go partnership organised by Owners for Owners for Martin Keighley Racing
Martin Keighley has organised racing partnerships ever since he came into training, and they have been very successful. Martin and his expert agents are constantly looking for top quality, high potential young horses. There is a lot of competition to buy these horses, so as soon as one is found and passes full vetting, they are brought into the yard. Neither Martin nor Owners for Owners aim to make profit on them, and they are partnered out at purchase cost. With us buying them, it means there is no requirement for any one individual to raise the capital to buy the horse, and it is easy then to bring owners into the horses, depending on their specific requirements and budgets. Some people want to be in a partnership with a relatively small number of owners but obviously correspondingly higher cost, while others prefer a larger partnership.
If you would like to be involved in any of the partnerships detailed below for the new 2016/17 season, please contact Martin Keighley on 07767-472547, Jon Hughes on 01451-850780 or 07958 763159 or email email@example.com, or Paul Davis on 00-41-786-181707, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buying a share in the 3yo grey gelding, Sporty Yankee, by Paddy O’Prado (USA) ex I Insist (USA). 10th shares available: £4,650 + VAT + £195 per month.
Throughout the Autumn we have been looking for a 3yo Flat horse with the objective of switching him to juvenile hurdling: Plan A being to head to Cheltenham in March for the Triumph or Fred Winter. If that proves not to be possible, Plan B will be to win novice and then handicap hurdles with him. When we were offered Sporty Yankee privately from Karl Burke’s Middleham yard, we snapped him up immediately as some of the big guns of NH racing were just as keen to buy him.
A strong, good-looking grey with a great attitude, he meets all our Cheltenham criteria: tough handicapper with winning form; stays well; properly sound of wind and limb; acts on softer ground; an athlete with natural agility and tactical speed; and an improver. In the second half of the 2016 Flat season, on softer ground and stepped up in trip, he has won twice and been placed twice in his last six races. He will make his first appearance towards the end of the year, and then – Cheltenham, here we come!Please contact Martin Keighley or Jon Hughes direct for more information and to arrange a viewing.
Buying a share in the 4yo bay gelding, City Never Sleeps, by Central Park (Ire), ex Goodnightmrskelly (Ire). 5th shares available: £4,515 + VAT + £380 per month
Arrived at Martin Keighley’s yard in early September and immediately created a really favourable impression. Gerry Hogan bought him privately in Ireland from Sam Curling, who is building up a reputation as a promising young bloodstock dealer, having discovered The Tullow Tank, Standing Ovation and Seeyouatmidnight. If Gerry hadn’t bought him, plenty of other trainers would have snapped him up immediately. He looks an absolute bargain and is likely to appear in a bumper during October.
He is a lovely, uncomplicated, forward-going type with his regular rider reporting him to be a strong horse. He definitely has the scope to go through bumping to hurdling and eventual chasing. He has had one race so far for his former owner, coming 3rd in a bumper at Stratford. The track was too sharp and the distance inadequate, so it was a very pleasing debut run. Martin discussed the race with the jockeys of the first three home. The first two confirmed that it was a decent race and they rated their horses positively. The rider of City Never Sleeps felt that he needed the run, the track was against him and he clearly was fairly green on debut. Should come on a lot for that, and it will be exciting to see him on the track soon.
Number of Partners
- The number of partners varies between 5, 10 or 12 depending on the horse and the budget.
- Owners should be racing enthusiasts, combining optimism with realism.
- Full involvement for all partners in key decisions.
- Horse to run in the colours of Martin Keighley Racing Partnerships.
- We monitor all costs carefully every month and do everything possible to keep costs to the necessary minimum. However, it can be quite difficult to estimate the costs for National Hunt, particularly veterinary work, so the above should be regarded as indicative only.
- Budget for annual training fees and associated costs are estimates. Precise amounts will vary, depending on time spent in full training, number of runs, transport costs, veterinary requirements, etc.
- Precise annual accounts are produced, with all surpluses distributed to the partners.
- All our costs are completely transparent and available to all partners. There are no mark-ups or hidden margins.
Regular Communication to all the Partners
- Martin Keighley Racing and Owners for Owners are committed to ensuring that every owner is actively involved with the horse, the yard and the partnership. There is complete openness on everything to do with the horse and its training.
- This web site is updated regularly, and every owner will receive regular updates on the progess of their horse(s) as well as anything relating to likely race targets. There will be lots of photos, videos and open access to visit the horse at Martin’s yard and enjoy the whole Keighley experience.
- Detailed partnership principles are available for every horse and can be obtained from either Paul Davis or Jon Hughes. We have gone out of our way to make everything completely transparent and easy to understand.
- All decisions on continuity to be made by the partners, taking on board the recommendations of the trainer. We will have an annual review with the trainer and this will determine the ongoing plan.
- All prize-money, and any budget surplus through VAT reclaims etc., to be returned to each partner as an annual dividend.
- The horse will be sponsored, enabling VAT to be reclaimed and credited to the partnership.
- All the administration will be done by the Owners for Owners team on behalf of the partnerships, and all we want to do is cover the necessary administration costs, e.g. VAT reclaims, book-keeping, preparation of annual accounts, administration of registrations etc., and web site updates.